MORE EXTENSIVE TEST
You may want to print this test
DO YOU REALLY LIKE YOURSELF?
HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT YOURSELF INFLUENCES HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT ALMOST EVERYBODY
AND EVERYTHING ELSE IN YOUR LIFE. YOUR SELF? IMAGE AFFECTS YOUR JUDGMENT.
IT MAY LEAD YOU TO BE INAPPROPRIATELY PESSIMISTIC AND TO MISS GOOD
OPPORTUNITIES BECAUSE YOU FEEL HOPELESS ABOUT YOURSELF,
OR TO ACT T00 OPTIMISTICALLY AND FOOLISHLY COURT DISASTER BECAUSE YOU FEEL
INVINCIBLE. THIS TEST SHOULD GIVE YOU A BROAD IDEA OF HOW YOUR SELF?
IMAGE MAY BE INFLUENCING YOUR THINKING. IT IS ESSENTIAL TO BE AWARE OF HOW
YOU REALLY FEEL ABOUT YOUR SELF.
HERE ARE FIFTY STATEMENTS THAT MOST PEOPLE COULD MAKE ABOUT THEMSELVES
FROM TIME TO TIME. INDICATE HOW OFTEN EACH STATEMENT WOULD HOLD TRUE
FOR YOU BY GIVING IT A MARK FROM 0 (FOR NEVER) to 4 (for ALWAYS).
STATEMENT IS TRUE:
ALWAYS ? 4
1. If I were a member of the opposite sex, I would find me attractive.
2. I usually feel well? dressed.
3. I enjoy being seen in a bathing suit.
4. I like being seen at parties.
5. My weight is pretty close to where I want it.
6. I like looking at myself in a full? length mirror.
7. I enjoy shopping for new clothes.
8. If someone hurts my feelings, I tell them so.
9. I'm optimistic.
10. I feel important.
11. I can handle my own in a conversation.
12. People value my opinions.
13., It takes a lot to discourage me.
14. I'm in a good mood.
15. I'm energetic.
16. I enjoy sex.
17. I can laugh at my own mistakes.
18. I feel intelligent.
19. Nothing is too good for me.
20. I don't bear grudges.
21. There's not much about me that I'd really like to change.
22. I feel I'm in control of my destiny.
23. I can do almost anything I really set my mind to.
24. Other people like me.
25. I enjoy meeting and talking to new people.
26. I hardly ever blame myself for anything.
27. There aren't many people I would change places with.
28. There's very little I'm ashamed of.
29. If I had my life to live over, I wouldn't change much.
30. My life has been pretty interesting.
31. I've accomplished a good deal.
32. I like the place where I live.
33. I enjoy my work.
34. I like to confide in people.
35. I don't let people push me around.
36. People generally admire me.
37. I'm still growing.
38. People don't usually take me for granted.
39. I'm not stuck in a rut.
40. I'm a kind person.
41. Luck plays only a small part in my life.
42. I enjoy getting up in the morning.
43. I'd be difficult to replace.
44. My life is full.
45. I can take care of myself.
46. Other people need me.
47. I've done very little that worries me.
48. Most of the people I meet are worse off than I.
49. I've got a style that's unmistakably my own.
50. If I ever got in trouble, my friends would be right there helping.
ADD SCORES FOR EACH ANSWER TOGETHER: TOTAL _________
SCORE OF 160 PLUS:
If you are as good as you think you are, you're terrific.
Should your score be 175 or higher, however, you are probably exaggerating your
self worth so much that you distort the world around you. Few people feel as good about themselves as you do.
Most people who feel as you do are unrealistic and rigid, removed from
the feelings of others. You are possibly too self involved, too inconsiderate of
other's feelings, and concerned with your own plans.
You may often try to block out unpleasant feelings, especially sad
ones, and may have a difficult time admitting loss or failure. You manage failure in one area by quickly trying to succeed in another or
by pretending you don't care. You need to show greater interest in
other people's lives, especially in those areas that do not relate to
your own interests you frequently turn people off by appearing interested only in yourself. Learn to accept your own limitations
and failures you'll find you're not as good as you may want to be, but
not as bad as you fear you are, either.
SCORE OF 130-160:
An optimistic realist, you have a healthy view of yourself. You have pride, ambition, energy and guts. Since you hate to
be pushed around and react quickly to protect your rights, it's
difficult for anyone to take advantage of you. You are self-confident,
industrious, and generally get what you want because you work hard to
correct any errors that you discover. All above are characteristics of someone with high
self-esteem. People who score this way do have many good things to be said on their behalf. You feel entitled to
succeed, you accept responsibility for your own success and work hard at it.
What you dislike about yourself you try to change.
The only advice for you: keep it up.
SCORE OF 100 - 129:
Although much of the time you have a good opinion of yourself and your activities, you tend to sit back and do little about
the things you don't like. It's not that you don't see what's wrong -you're very realistic. It's just that you aren't motivated to
make life go your way almost as if you don't believe enough in
yourself or think you deserve additional attention. In short, you
don't think you're good enough to achieve more happiness through your
own efforts. You can be happier if you learn to change certain attitudes about yourself. You see yourself as a decent, kind person,
thoughtful and interested in others. You can continue to feel that way
and still learn to put yourself first more of the time. Try to make yourself more the center of the stage
assert your rights. Stop giving in so much don't allow events just to happen without your
influencing them. You can have more control over your life than you believe, but planning and effort are required. Set your goals higher.
SCORE OF 70-99:
Your self-image is low and you already know that. If you've recently experienced some loss or defeat, this may explain your
score. Losses make everything appear black, but just as windfalls
create a rosy glow. In any case, you feel tired, empty, worthless much
of the time. Probably you also feel trapped and are angry and
"guilty". Not much of a socializer, you are not pleased
with most of
what you're doing. Your present situation needs to be rethought. When
was the last time you felt really good about yourself? What happened
that made you darken your opinion? Are there steps you could take now
that would make your life better? Perhaps your life plan simply had a
major setback and you lost faith in yourself. Think for a minute.
Have you really changed from the person you were before, the setback?
Surely you haven't. You may have failed once, but that doesn't mean you're a failure. Slowly and quietly begin to believe in yourself
again you'll do much better than you think you can.
LESS THAN 70:
You need help. Your self-opinion is unrealistically gloomy. You feel depleted and isolated. You should consider finding a
professional who can help you out with some therapy. Don't put it off.
A major disappointment in your life may be causing this present gloom,
nevertheless, this is too low for you to handle alone.
Tell Your Divorced Or Widowed Friends About This Article And Site, Send Them This Page Or If They Do Not Have A PC, Print Out The Article For Them
Take a more extensive test
Send this article to a friend
Read over 300
"Life Changing" recovery articles, click here
Top of Page ||
Divorce Recovery 101
Map - Content List || AZ
Single Scene || Country
Singles || Single
Life Coach || Dating
Again 101 || Subscribe
to our Free Newsletter
Free 5 Day Email Divorce Course, of "Moving on to a
great new life", click
a Free Email 8 Day Course on Dating "Get Going" to
a better life, click